Quote:

Just got a response email from Jamie Passon. My price would be $4495 and they're not released for production yet.

Everybody has been talking about this trans but you can't buy one. I'll tell you what, I don't want to be one of the first to own one either, especially with all the talk of case porosity in the other thread. What other problems will crop up once they start getting used in the real world.

A GV unit might be the way to go. It has the benefit of 8 effective gear ratios and is nearly indestructible.

The case porosity issue was quickly resolved according to what I read, and is a non-issue at this point.

The GV gear splitter unit doesn't have enough of an OD ratio to make it appealing to most. Plus, it seems like quite a challenge to shift it up and down while trying to bang gears on a four speed, especially when you have to shift it back down before shifting into the next higher gear...1st low, click-up, first high, click-down, second low, click-up second high....etc etc

Last edited by jbc426; 12/05/12 10:50 AM.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)