Hp power levels?

intended use of the car?

big block or small block?

If you're building a mild small block, the truck NV3500 may be a cheap option for you. you can pick one up for a couple hundred bucks out of the junk yard and bolts right up to the small block engines. I was pushing an estimated 350hp/400 ft lbs of torque through mine and it was ok for the 4,000 miles I put on it. (My truck dyno'd at 285 hp and 325 tq at the wheels)

that said, they ARE only rated for 350 ft lbs by the factory, and I'm in the middle of swapping in a viper T56 transmission so I can do more with my motor down the line and not worry about gernading the trans.

the NV3500 kinda bulky though, not sure it'll bolt in without mods to the sheet metal. but it is CHEAP! (you can even buy a remanufactured one for about $1,000 without a core)

There's a Toyota trans I believe designated R154? that some guys have used. apparently if you take the AX-15 bell housing off a V6 Dakota truck it'll bolt to R154 and the 3.9 V6s use the same small block bell pattern as every other small block.

If you're making serious power and want a TKO-600, I know a guy that can set you up with a full kit for less than $5,000 and doesn't use a single Keisler part. AND, it uses an SFI certified blowproof bell

**Photobucket sucks**