The attached shows the four plugs that I pulled from the head. They each have the standard washer. I will put them back and and go forward and I will keep an eye on the new valve cover gaskets to see if they are the reason for the oil at the base of the plug.

I thought that the "orange-ish" color on the number #1 plug was odd. I am assuming that it is from the E10.

My ground straps are showing two plugs in the middle of the bend, one at the beginning of the bend and one at the end of the bend. I assume that this is due to the dual plane intake?

Thanks again for the replies.

EDIT:
I have been reading up on the taper spark plugs and it appears that if the "iron" head has a taper, then a taper plug should be used to make sure the cylinder is sealed.

Something else that makes me rethink this is, I have been chasing a "ticking" noise which is an exhaust sound. I have gone over each of my exhaust pipe connections a few time each and I can not find the issue. I have also just replaced my header gaskets and the ticking noise is still there. After rethinking this, I am looking at finding a direct replacement for my existing NGK -7 plugs for a taper plug to test out because two of my plugs appear to have the hex head scraping against the taper in the head as they get tight. I am wondering if the ticking exhaust noise that I am hearing is a couple of the spark plugs not sealing correctly.

7422983-10-15-12_3.JPG (61 downloads)
Last edited by YO7_A66; 10/16/12 09:22 AM.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)