Quote:

Quote:

The proportioning valve should be spliced into the rear brakes only,

I totally disagree with this... its there to SLOW the
fluid to the front brakes to keep the front tires
from skidding on a spike

Although I respect your opinions, and you are indeed knowledgable if you read the DC manual it will tell you it reduces pressure to the rear brakes to prevent the rear from locking up first. That would create an uncontrollable vehicle. All proportioning valves reduce pressure to the rear brakes. If you don't believe me make a call to Strange or Mark Williams.

The exception to this is heavy trucks like semi tractors, they apply more force to the rear brakes because of the load they carry. That is what makes a bobtail tractor or an empty trailer more difficult to drive.

As I said earlier and has been stated above the rear drums are not as effective as the discs. The MP master cylinders already reduce pressure to the rear brakes so in this case I wouldn't even use one. The ports on the master cylinder are marked F and R for front and rear.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.