Well, I think that it's pretty well accepted that the majority of the fastest street cars driving around these days are nitrous fed stroked big blocks made to run 8's or 9's through a single 4 barrel on pump gas. Back in the 80's things were a bit different, pro-Street was king, blown cars were the cars everyone thought were the "thing" to have.

As far as building one today? We'll I love Blown cars but only when the car has matching rear tires. For looks blown cars just look "right" being more balanced looking front to rear, with fat rear tires and a blower. But I don't like the looks of a huffer through the hood and thin rear tires, it just doesn't look as serious or well balanced appearance wise (i.e. the appearance of having way more power than you can hook).

As far as Pro-Chargers and Turbo's? They make great power and are very cost effective, efficient, etc. they make great sense (but sense is not what I consider allot when dreaming up a bad boy sreet car). I've just never liked the way centrifical blowers and turbo chargers looked with all the extra plumbing under the hoods. I'd rather see an all out roots blown/tubbed car, or step back down to a stroker BB running an "All Motor" setup.