Quote:

Quote:

What do you guys think of using HP 340 exhaust manifolds with a 2-1/4 dual exhaust all the way to the back would do on bone stock 318 or 360?

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techa...st/headers.html

the HP340 manifolds will do nearly squat....5th ave's have 360 sized exhaust manifolds, so in this article, ~1hp and 2 lb-ft on a mild 360...

and I am not sure if the HP340 manifolds will clear the huge brake booster on these cars.

magnum manifolds, you'd probably see the same miniscule power improvement, and when I was eyeballing the magnum manifolds on my '96 ram and the engine compartment on my 5th ave, I'm 99% sure they'd either hit the firewall, or potentially interfere with the shift linkage of the column shifter.

notel, the long tube headers only gained 16hp over 318 manifolds, and 5hp over 360 manifolds, but the torque gains were 20 and 16 lb ft. respectively

the duals replacing the stock 1 7/8" single will do more to add power and efficiency than the manifolds or headers

i can say ive seen magnum manifolds on an e body but i think headers wouldent hurt mileage and would add fun factor to a commuter.