I had the camera from an inspection camera get chopped off in a cylinder when my neighbors kid saw the pretty red button hanging off the side of the car and pushed it. It was a remote start button and I had the camera in a cylinder of my brand new engine. I thought about leaving it in there after trying to get it out for a day and a half but decided no to.
I was able to get it out by rolling the motor over until the piston was all the way up the camera would roll down just below the spark plug hole I took a plastic art paint brush and put a little gorilla snot ( 3M weatherstrip adhesive ) on it poked around a few times but finally stuck to it and I got it out. A plastic straw would be easier because it will bend a little to get it out of the plug hole. The camera only fit out of the hole one way so it took some time to get lucky.

I would be inclined to just leave the plastic straw in there I would think it would melt and burn up turning to harmless ash the will come out of the exhaust. I think this is a coin toss situation.