Quote:

As a long time bracket racer, I cringe every time I see an exhibition car make a pass just before the first round. True to form, the clock began ticking loudly Sunday afternoon when time runs were completed and the show was set to commence. The Troxel N/FC in the pits was the first car out, wasted about 30 minutes of the day on a wheelstand that the driver let off and banged to the ground, unlatching the body and requiring a tow truck to get off the track. Next car up was the A/FX car in the next pic above, he did a great big wheelie and went straight, but at about 1000 ft. his injected hemi gave out the fatal blup, blup, blup and severely oiled the track (no diaper?). About 40 minutes later the bracket racing started. Oh, yeah, there were 400 plus cars waiting to race. I could say a lot more but I was just spectating and I went home at 5:00. My point here is that you have a very large field of bracket racers wanting to get down to business and there were maybe 50 spectators in the seats, next time how about canning that exhibition crap and let's race.

I wasn't there, but can understand what you are saying. Seems as though some promoters think that this kind of entertainment is what brings in the 'crowd'. The 'crowd' is in the pits, with their cars, friends of the people that have the cars, fans of the people that have the cars,,etc. I have been in many of these situations where the racers have to run down a track covered with kerosene and who knows what all, after a 'crowd pleasing' flame show jet car. The guaranteed money those guys get, could be put into the purse for the racers. I am not bashing Josh's show AT ALL....I would loved to have been there. I'm just making a statement of my point of view in regard to th OP's comment. I don't know that any of the exhibition cars were paid to be there. Maybe they were just there for the support of the show. I know I would enjoy looking at the exhibition cars, but maybe they could run after the races or during a break while the racers were getting ready for the later rounds.

If you like drag racing, support your local track.