Moparts

Live from MMW 2012...

Posted By: 68shifter

Live from MMW 2012... - 09/21/12 05:32 PM

Well MMW Indy 2012 has started...and then stopped. Started to rain a short bit ago, only got through 1/2 or so of first set of time trials and a light rain set in.

As always great facility and cars down the track were flying right through the order. Car count seems very good, and people are still pulling in. I believe I heard 70 plus in NSS.

I'll post some pics and results as the day goes, hopefully. Stop by if your around.
Posted By: pittsburghracer

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/21/12 05:35 PM

Good-luck guys. Have a GREAT time and be safe.

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/21/12 11:25 PM

Rain spit and spattered nearly all day. After the first episode in the morning cars were back on track and unfortunately a large wheelstand led to some oil pan injury and subsequently and track long oil down.

That accompanied with the rain allowed for a few more street cars to get done, but no gamblers race.

Heres some pics from today. Rest of the weekend forecast is looking better.

'

Posted By: bigtimeauto

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/21/12 11:41 PM

Nice pics. lots of real nice cars and great people!

Great turnout hopefully the rain will stay away and we can get this event done.
Posted By: sam64

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/22/12 12:20 AM

i made my first tt in pro at 9:38 am ran 11.15,made my first tt in trophy at 5:30pm ran 11.16.now if the driver will do his job should go a few rounds,i.m liking this e-85 carb.lots of cars,lots of nice ones,hope the rest of the weekend goes well.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/22/12 12:28 AM

Great pics!! Good luck,guys!!
Posted By: Bill_LBSR

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/22/12 12:53 AM

Blue 1969 dart,with the wheelie bars looks like the one out of New York. Was in a car craft article years ago.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/22/12 12:54 AM

Troy Mann is THE man in my opinion!!
I love the '65 Dodge post cars. That thing is AWESOME looking!! I don't care what it runs ET wise,,,it's just beautiful!!

Thanks for the pics AND keep'em comin'!!
Posted By: Al_Alguire

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/22/12 01:03 AM

Sure wish I lived about 150 miles closeer Looks like you guys draw a good group of cars. Look forward to seeing the pics and hearing the updates.
Posted By: ProStDodge

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/22/12 01:15 AM

Quote:

Sure wish I lived about 150 miles closeer Looks like you guys draw a good group of cars. Look forward to seeing the pics and hearing the updates.

Sure that shouldn't be 1500miles? LOL

The Friday count is listed below, with more cars expected on Saturday.

Pro - 117 cars
S/Pro - 48
NSS - 64
Q-32 - 24
Street - 35
Trophy - 24
Hemi (426) ?? (about 10 I think)
10.5 - 15
10.0 index - 18

P.S. I am looking for a car to drive at the National event in Vegas!

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/22/12 01:42 AM

VernMotor has some great ones on his post as well. Early day tomorrow, and hopefully my trailer isnt buried in the mud..

Do the X10.5 guys run tomorrow and Sunday, or just tomorrow. Thanks.

Posted By: racerx

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/22/12 01:54 AM

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/22/12 04:26 PM

Absolute beautiful day. Kinda wet this morning, pix later. Suns out, tail wind and track crew going through people pretty good.

This morning there were 4 lanes full of pro all the way back.

Beautiful day.
Posted By: sam64

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/23/12 04:18 AM

cluster f is all i can say about today,the guy in 10.0 that oiled the whole track yesterday did the same today.major wheel stand slam down out of shape let out get it straight and trail oil right down the center of the lane.i ran first round in the free no box race at 3:38 pm at around 10 pm they told us to packit up.so while they are trying to pair first round of 10.5 they change the ladder after the staging guy has most of them paired already,then this blonde headed guy comes to the directer and asked who he is paired with now,and when he finds out he's paired with his buddy he says we sponser this class there is no way we race first round.i didn't know that if you sponser somthing you have it your way,but i guess he does.hope things go better tommorow.

Re: Live from MMW 2012...update - 09/23/12 05:17 AM

Heres some more pics from the day. Definitely sucked with the amount of breakage that happened today. I dont think I've been at an event with more oil downs to be honest. Sucks.

The water has dried up quite nice. 10.5 cars were fun to watch.

Posted By: tex013

Re: Live from MMW 2012...update - 09/23/12 06:18 AM

nice looking bunch of cars

Tex
Posted By: moparniac

Re: Live from MMW 2012...update - 09/23/12 07:57 AM

who is grudge racing?
Posted By: lowbudget

Re: Live from MMW 2012...update - 09/23/12 03:31 PM

Anyone know how many 10.5 cars showed?

Re: Live from MMW 2012...update - 09/23/12 03:59 PM

15 were on the ladder for X10.5

I was supposed to race a primered roadrunner but he left without saying anything else...somebody told he broke
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/23/12 04:28 PM

So did they complete the races from yesterday?

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/23/12 04:37 PM

guppy and I ran the final of X10.5 at 12:20 AM. I heard a lot of the racers didn't want to race late at night.
Posted By: moparguy7074

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/23/12 04:51 PM

Posted By: 340RICK

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/23/12 09:35 PM

Great pics

I had a blast, Josh and Jeff and there familys did a AWESOME job all wknd
Posted By: BigDog68Dart

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/23/12 11:10 PM

no comment!
Posted By: ROSSIO

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 02:02 AM

we stuck around for 2nd rd of x10.5--lost to tony.
packed up and ran home--i had to work most of the day-today,i know--sunday but that pays for my "fun"
it was a good time seeing everyone

ross
Posted By: 1967dartgt

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 02:27 AM

Quote:

guppy and I ran the final of X10.5 at 12:20 AM. I heard a lot of the racers didn't want to race late at night.

So who won? Epic nitrous vs blower race!!

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 03:44 AM

With the times they were running it would be REAL interesting if they let the big-tired NA crowd join the party.

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 01:23 PM

Quote:

With the times they were running it would be REAL interesting if they let the big-tired NA crowd join the party.

With Josh loose rules strap on some 10.5 and run. Conform to the rules instead of having them changed for one car.
Posted By: fishy340

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 01:32 PM

NICE lookin mopars there for sure....im curiouse also gup or Bob who won??? and also Tony that one picture of ur car launching is a keeper hope u all had fun.
Posted By: old_racer

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 01:48 PM

excellent pictures, the you have of my silver 67 belvedere sedan is fantastic with the race way logo in the back round at speed, do you mind if I copy it? it's special cause I won the Victory N/ss championship sunday morn.
thanks
Russ

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 01:50 PM

Russ...Congrats on the win!! Glad the pontiac didn't get it this year!!
Posted By: slippery440

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 01:51 PM

Quote:

Quote:

With Josh loose rules strap on some 10.5 and run. Conform to the rules instead of having them changed for one car.

Why buy anouther set of slicks just to conform to rules made for a elete few cars that conform to his rules?

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 02:10 PM

Heres the last ones from me. Nice event. Weather came out pretty darn nice yesterday.

Old Racer, no problem, if you want the full size pm me your email address if you like.

Gup won over Bigtime. I think it was a 5.20 to a 5.28.

Thanks for another nice event Josh, and all the food saturday night, that line was going strong for 2 hrs.

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 02:46 PM

Awesome pictures! thank you!!!!!!!!
Posted By: larry890

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 03:13 PM

how far out do u think that is? it felt like a long time, but i didnt see any marker blocks.
Posted By: old_racer

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 03:14 PM

Quote:

Russ...Congrats on the win!! Glad the pontiac didn't get it this year!!

thanks Ted, Dennis and Dan were in 1st and 2nd place in points, they lost 1st rd, I was in 4th and the door was open, 6rds was enough to take over 1st place. Dumpster Dan was even there I think expecting repeat of last year, aw too bad. ha. ha.
Russ

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 03:22 PM

Quote:

thanks Ted, Dennis and Dan were in 1st and 2nd place in points, they lost 1st rd, I was in 4th and the door was open, 6rds was enough to take over 1st place. Dumpster Dan was even there I think expecting repeat of last year, aw too bad. ha. ha.
Russ

I will give ol Dumpster a bad time this coming weekend!! That is no easy class and congrats again,Russ! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!!

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 03:51 PM

Quote:

how far out do u think that is? it felt like a long time, but i didnt see any marker blocks.

in the one pic when its just about down it looks like the 330 light right before the mac tools sinage

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 05:30 PM

i didnt pick up my time ticket, if you still have yours what was my reaction time?

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 06:04 PM

Quote:

i didnt pick up my time ticket, if you still have yours what was my reaction time?

I'll dig it out and post it up for you later.

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 06:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why buy anouther set of slicks just to conform to rules made for a elete few cars that conform to his rules?

Because the class is already set up and running with out you so if you want in conform.
Posted By: n20mstr

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 06:47 PM

Quote:

Its a "True Ten Five" class....

IF you dont want to run a True Ten Five then it makes no sense? Its not a BIG tire Class...

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 07:06 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Its a "True Ten Five" class....

IF you dont want to run a True Ten Five then it makes no sense? Its not a BIG tire Class...

I understand and I really don't blame you.
Posted By: bwdst6

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 07:15 PM

Quote:

Pro - 117 cars
S/Pro - 48
NSS - 64
Q-32 - 24
Street - 35
Trophy - 24
10.5 - 15
10.0 index - 18

Weren’t the 11.0 guy’s wanting to have a class but due to turn outs below 25 cars that wasn’t going to happen? Seems odd given the other class car counts…

Disclaimer: I don’t have a dog in that fight as I wouldn’t run 11.0. But I would run Hemi if I could make the min ET per the rules.
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Live rom MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 07:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Pro - 117 cars
S/Pro - 48
NSS - 64
Q-32 - 24
Street - 35
Trophy - 24
10.5 - 15
10.0 index - 18

Weren’t the 11.0 guy’s wanting to have a class but due to turn outs below 25 cars that wasn’t going to happen? Seems odd given the other class car counts…

Disclaimer: I don’t have a dog in that fight as I wouldn’t run 11.0. But I would run Hemi if I could make the min ET per the rules.

there was 30 cars in the 10.0 and 17 in 10.5

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 07:22 PM

With the program that Josh runs there are many options for us fat-tired guys. Super pro or quick 16 (or 32). Just playing with you guys and I knew it would get a couple of bites. If I didn't enjoy racing every week I would probably join you guys as the class looks like lots of fun with some very nice cars.

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 07:50 PM

Quote:

larry whats your car number??

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 10:53 PM

L700, since i didnt finish i might not be on there.

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 11:16 PM

Quote:

L700, since i didnt finish i might not be on there.

here you go:

rt-.064/60'-1.385/330-4.094/1/8-9.053/28.98mph

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/24/12 11:57 PM

thanks, well that was the best light i had all day. i guess there is a brite side after all. lol
Posted By: cgall

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/25/12 01:17 AM

As a long time bracket racer, I cringe every time I see an exhibition car make a pass just before the first round. True to form, the clock began ticking loudly Sunday afternoon when time runs were completed and the show was set to commence. The Troxel N/FC in the pits was the first car out, wasted about 30 minutes of the day on a wheelstand that the driver let off and banged to the ground, unlatching the body and requiring a tow truck to get off the track. Next car up was the A/FX car in the next pic above, he did a great big wheelie and went straight, but at about 1000 ft. his injected hemi gave out the fatal blup, blup, blup and severely oiled the track (no diaper?). About 40 minutes later the bracket racing started. Oh, yeah, there were 400 plus cars waiting to race. I could say a lot more but I was just spectating and I went home at 5:00. My point here is that you have a very large field of bracket racers wanting to get down to business and there were maybe 50 spectators in the seats, next time how about canning that exhibition crap and let's race.

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/25/12 01:23 AM

Quote:

thanks, well that was the best light i had all day. i guess there is a brite side after all. lol

A positive is a positive. Now get it back together and put some santhuffs or wheelie bars on it.
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/25/12 02:13 AM

Quote:

As a long time bracket racer, I cringe every time I see an exhibition car make a pass just before the first round. True to form, the clock began ticking loudly Sunday afternoon when time runs were completed and the show was set to commence. The Troxel N/FC in the pits was the first car out, wasted about 30 minutes of the day on a wheelstand that the driver let off and banged to the ground, unlatching the body and requiring a tow truck to get off the track. Next car up was the A/FX car in the next pic above, he did a great big wheelie and went straight, but at about 1000 ft. his injected hemi gave out the fatal blup, blup, blup and severely oiled the track (no diaper?). About 40 minutes later the bracket racing started. Oh, yeah, there were 400 plus cars waiting to race. I could say a lot more but I was just spectating and I went home at 5:00. My point here is that you have a very large field of bracket racers wanting to get down to business and there were maybe 50 spectators in the seats, next time how about canning that exhibition crap and let's race.

I wasn't there, but can understand what you are saying. Seems as though some promoters think that this kind of entertainment is what brings in the 'crowd'. The 'crowd' is in the pits, with their cars, friends of the people that have the cars, fans of the people that have the cars,,etc. I have been in many of these situations where the racers have to run down a track covered with kerosene and who knows what all, after a 'crowd pleasing' flame show jet car. The guaranteed money those guys get, could be put into the purse for the racers. I am not bashing Josh's show AT ALL....I would loved to have been there. I'm just making a statement of my point of view in regard to th OP's comment. I don't know that any of the exhibition cars were paid to be there. Maybe they were just there for the support of the show. I know I would enjoy looking at the exhibition cars, but maybe they could run after the races or during a break while the racers were getting ready for the later rounds.
Posted By: 360904

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/25/12 02:33 AM

I wasn't there, but can understand what you are saying. Seems as though some promoters think that this kind of entertainment is what brings in the 'crowd'. The 'crowd' is in the pits, with their cars, friends of the people that have the cars, fans of the people that have the cars,,etc. I have been in many of these situations where the racers have to run down a track covered with kerosene and who knows what all, after a 'crowd pleasing' flame show jet car. The guaranteed money those guys get, could be put into the purse for the racers. I am not bashing Josh's show AT ALL....I would loved to have been there. I'm just making a statement of my point of view in regard to th OP's comment. I don't know that any of the exhibition cars were paid to be there. Maybe they were just there for the support of the show. I know I would enjoy looking at the exhibition cars, but maybe they could run after the races or during a break while the racers were getting ready for the later rounds.

I was there and that's the way it should be.....
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/25/12 08:32 PM

I don't book in or pay for exhibition cars. No one pays to see that's stuff anymore

Clay was there with his Afx car as well as running a nss car. He wanted to make a few test hits. Call it exhibition if you want. Same thing with the funny car and Hemi Fred. They come out to the show to show support.
Posted By: moparbrown14

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/25/12 09:57 PM

Great weekend dont take any stuff, Josh you made the right calls. My boy (Adam Brown) won trophy class and he said, " dad not to many people can say they won at indy" man is that priceless. One note about next year. We are going to run your series. Try to utilize the long weekends we have in the summer time. Memorial day, 4th of July, labor day, the working man would love to use the extra day. Have Gateway last of April and run the other 3 on the long weekends. Summer months you might have a storm go thru but you dont have those long rains that take 2-3 days to get thru. Thanks Josh, with all the other mopar series not worth running or not worth talking about you give us a place to race and really something to look forward to. Cant wait till next year. Thanks for the memories "priceless"

Attached picture 7394306-adamwinsindy.jpg
Posted By: 1moparcrazy

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/25/12 11:10 PM

I personally spent 600 bucks on Roland's airfare and another 600 on truck & race car fuel to make 2 passes. I'm guessing Clay spent about the same to get Arlen there. I was trying to support the show and test some new parts on my funny car. I guess all the people that came into our pit spot and thanked us for coming don't count for a thing. We did 5 events this year. We were paid for 4. I have been in Josh's shoes and it's a thankless job. I'll just keep running with other funny car events in the future and let all the bracket cars have their fun.

Good Luck Josh!

John Troxel

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/25/12 11:20 PM

Quote:

I personally spent 600 bucks on Roland's airfare and another 600 on truck & race car fuel to make 2 passes. I'm guessing Clay spent about the same to get Arlen there. I was trying to support the show and test some new parts on my funny car. I guess all the people that came into our pit spot and thanked us for coming don't count for a thing. We did 5 events this year. We were paid for 4. I have been in Josh's shoes and it's a thankless job. I'll just keep running with other funny car events in the future and let all the bracket cars have their fun.

Good Luck Josh!

John Troxel

I think you , your car and roland were awesome being there. Please do not let a couple of haters stop something that a lot of love to see. Hope to see the car at a mopar event again!

thanks bob
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/25/12 11:24 PM

Quote:

Good Luck Josh!

John Troxel

I too loved your funny car. Enough to take two (crappy quality) videos of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqhEShAxrbM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNPCZiioOOY
Posted By: GTXKen

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/25/12 11:54 PM

Anyone know who won pro class?
Posted By: qwkmopardan

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/26/12 12:25 AM

Tim Schaefer. UNPLUGGED 70 ROAD RUNNER
Posted By: GTXKen

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/26/12 12:35 AM

Quote:

Tim Schaefer. UNPLUGGED 70 ROAD RUNNER

We were there until 10:00 and there were still 6 cars in pro. Well deserved win, he ran really consistent all day

Thanks
Posted By: The Sphinx

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/26/12 01:38 AM

Best Mopar event I ever been to. I usually bring a book to read between rounds but it was just too much stuff to do.Show, race, autocross, and the ram truck challenge. That Challenger funny car was wicked, and the Lake Erie Monster would make a priest even sport wood. Free no box race and dinner, What could be better?
Posted By: MFR426

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/26/12 02:05 AM

If anyone should have a beef at Josh's events this year it would be us! We broke our rearend (pinion gear) at St Louis in round 1 of the 11.0 race and didn't even get to race NSS. Made it through round 1 of NSS at Indy and broke the rear we got to make this race in round 2! But, All I can say is A Big Thanks to Josh and all he does for us Mopar and in our class non Mopar racers!! Yes I think he learned that if he has another free gamblers race it should be after the days normal stuff! But how did he know all the cars from Pro, NSS, ST, Trophy, Hemi and who knows would run it! Ha! It was still great! And we know first hand about the speed of oil clean-ups at IRP now LORP after racing there for 40+ years! They do there best but the big boys get all the equipment! We had a great time despite all of this! We would also like to thank the LORP people, the flat bed driver, and our fellow NSS racers for helping us get our car out of the road quickly and loaded in our trailer since the thing kept wanting to lock up!! Thanks Again Josh!!!

MFR426
Posted By: Hitman340

Re: Live from MMW 2012... - 09/26/12 02:16 AM

Quote:

Great pics

I had a blast, Josh and Jeff and there familys did a AWESOME job all wknd

Thank you very much Rick But all the credit goes to Josh and his family. Im just a small fish in a big pond.
© 2024 Moparts Forums