Quote:

Quote:

I believe industrial 413s had an 8n bolt flywheel flange and a lot of the front end would not be used in a light truck or car application . The heads are diff and the cam spins opposite to the crank. Some other things are diff too like distributor etc.

Sir, you are wrong about the crank in this case. The ind engines in MHs use the normal 6 bolt crank. If they were mounted on pumps or whatever it would be a 8 bolt extended crank. The dist is a normal unit. The water pump, heads, intake and exmanifolds are the funky 1s.
I had 1 in a 72 class A Winnie Indian..

You may be right about your MH only having 6 bolt flange but I would not consider a 413 motor home 413 an industrial 413.
If you want to see a 413 industrial , go to a some old scrap yard and find a CT800 or 900 heavy duty Dodge truck and then come back and tell me i'm wrong. Your dist. in your MH is probably the same or close to a normal dist. The dist in an industrial 413 CT 800 is different I can assure you. First it has a steel vacuum line that screws into the vac pot and it has a mechanical tach drive that makes the dist housing about about six inches high. The ind 413s that I owned in dump trucks had 8 bolt crank flanges.
The industrial 413 is governed and won't rev past 4000 or so rpm...........at least in the five CT800s that I had .
The heads are diff with angled plugs that were small thread style, water pump is hugh and engine was mounted under front pulley as opposed to side mounting .
Like I said go and fine a real 413 industrial and come back and tell me i'm wrong .