Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes. Always better to be a little under it rather than over it.

Especially if your running a dep pan I run the Mopar steel dep pans and try to run it at the add line when cold or between the bottom of the dipstick and the add line when hot, whatever turns your crank As long as it is showing on the stick in nuetral with the motor running your probally good

with a 8" converter and a deep pan how much would you guess it would hold ....Cab

I had my trans out recently to fix a leak, I drain the trans pan and then removed and filled the converter up completely to do a air test to see if the converter was causing the leak. I replaced the rubber O ring and the paper gasket on the front pump and removed some of the fluid from the converter to install it into the trans, I still spilt some. I put 7 quarts in the trans and started it up before checking it with less type F fluid, it was over the full mark idling cold I drained around half a quart out and it is now above the add line and below the full mark warm My meassage is with a deep pan and a new 8 inch converter I would put one quart in the converter before installing it into the trans. and six quarts in the trans and then warm it up and check it

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 08/26/12 07:47 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)