Quote:

I'm trying to get a 4 pinion replacement planetary instead of the 3 that was in it, new annulus gear, sun gear and sun shell. Will put in bolt in (12 roller) sprag when it arrives anyway (tomorrow) and clean up the valve body and clutch drums and put in new clutches cuz they came with the kit. Also going to pull apart and clean out pump. Had the converter cut open and cleaned out and put back together by a local shop, he also slightly modified it to get me a little more stall (only cost me $175), and put in new bearings and thrust washers inside the converter too. Lastly, going to put on a new tranny cooler, flush the lines to the old cooler to make sure they're clear, then put it all back together with amsoil synthetic tranny fluid (rep was at my brother's shop yesterday). I was running royal purple max atf before, not that i think one is better than the other, just want synthetic inside my trans! Guess i can take the "good used" case back though and get my $$ back for it

the splines of the 3 pinion are said to be stronger than the 4 pinion and 3 pinions are lees drag than 4 .

As far as the bolt in 12 bolt , I'd just change the rollers and springs , if your outer race is not loose or damaged it's a complete was of time and money. bolting the outer race of a 12 roller sprag is not going to do anything to stop the sprag from failing, the rollers can still roll over which is the major sprag failure .