Quote:

Quote:

For cost, my Comp XR286HR-10 cam was $333.92,
Hughes Hydraulic Rollers were $354.00, and Isky 8005A valve springs were $149.95. Total = 837.87.

A Comp XE flat tappet cam and lifter kit is $200, so the Hydraulic Roller cam and lifters are about $488 more expensive. The springs I used may be a bit more expensive too? The roller does use the 3-bolt timing set, but the cost of the timing set I used is the same. The roller does need a cam thrust button, Bronze oil pump drive gear, and bronze tip fuel pump pushrod. That's maybe another $100 to $150, so I would guess gound with the roller setup would cost about $600-$650 more than a flat tappet cam? On the other hand, I wiped a Flat tappet cam lobe on my 360, and ended up doing a complete re-hone, re-ring, new bearings, oil pump, gaskets, and a new cam and lifters. That when I found out that the oil specifications changed.

That sounds a little pricey but maybe worth it. Do hydro rollers have to be adjusted?

They are Hydraulic, so you need to set the correct pre-load just like a flat tappet hydraulic. Correct length pushrods are required for either a fixed or adjustable rocker system.