Quote:

Thank you for sharing this. I love the clean look of your engine bay. What brackets are you using for the alternator and compressor?

Thanks,
Tim

Thanks. I used a $35 adaptor braket that I got on-line and then all the factory Mopar alternator stuff.

For the A/C, I used Buchillon's under alternator kit, but then modified it so I have about 30% more belt wrap on both the crank-to-A/C compressor and A/C compressor-to-alternator pulleys. Both the A/C and alternator have their own belt with the A/C driving the alternator on it's second pulley groove.

I found the way Buchillon's belt path was designed to be run resulted in belt squeel and inadequate power transfer to the A/C and alternator in my case, as only about 30% of the A/C & alternator pulleys made contact with the belt. By changing the belt routing, I was able to get over 50% belt wrap on both pulleys. The Buchillon kit also requires you to use an electric fuel pump, which I wanted to run anyway.

My water pump and Power steering use a separate belt.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)