Quote:

jbc426,

How did you run your wiring? Is there anything special I should look out for? Does the CS144 take a special plug at the alternator?

Thanks!

I basically followed the Madelectric layout. I have a 2 gauge cable with a 200 amp fuse going from the alternator output lug to a power distribution lug under the hood. The CS 144 plug-in tail is readily available on-line and in auto parts stores. The wiring diagram is for it is simple. I'm only using 2 of the 4 plug-in wires plus the cable.

I did have a heavy duty bridge rectifier installed in it and had the stator rewound on the CS-144, so it puts out a bit more than a stock one.

All my heavy amp draw stuff is either fused or fusible link protected and running through key-switched relays. I have no high amp draw inside the cabin of the car. It's all distributed up front except the fuel pump which is in the trunk & hooked-up near the battery. Only low amp voltage goes through my bulkhead for lights and such, even the headlights are feed all but control voltage from under the hood.

I have a "0" gauge cable running from the distribution lug to the trunk mounted main shutoff and battery. The cable is carefully routed, shielded and fused so it's protected against shorts 100% of the time.

Finally, all this aftermarket stuff is mounted using the factory holes and such, so it can easily be removed and the car returned to it's stock configuration.

Last edited by jbc426; 07/11/12 05:50 PM.

1970 Plymouth 'Cuda #'s 440-6(block in storage)currently 493" 6 pack, Shaker, 5 speed Passon, 4.10's
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Convertible 408 Magnum EFI with 4 speed automatic overdrive, 3800 stall lock-up converter and 4.30's (closest thing to an automatic 5 speed going)