Quote:

Not an engineer or drag racer, but here is my take on it.
Even in a stock vehicle, torque tries to twist the body, left front up.
In most cars the body absorbs this by flexing, sort of why there is all those squeaks and groans in a well used car.
Any stiffening of the body will work to transfer this twist to the right rear (opposite corner). Watch a stock body leave the line. I have seen some leave/twist enough to crack a windshield.
Stiffen things up, the twist goes away, the front of the car rises, rears are planted more squarely.
The energy is being now transferred into lifting the front as the body tries to rotate around the axle. Dissipated when the front settles.
The tighter things are the more of your torque is used to make things move.
Cornering energy sort of the same thing, taking the twist out will help plant the tires and make the suspension work. The energy comes from the compressing suspension...
Had an old Impala winter beater once that was so loose it broke the windshield just banging snow banks...of course that was due to advanced state of slow combustion, aka rust.

I'm sure I missed something...and just as sure someone will straighten me out.

this is exactly what i thought would happen and if both of us are wrong i'm sure someone will chime in..... nicely