Quote:

Quote:

Lastly I do have to admit that both my cars use mechanical pumps with hemi vapor separators with return line through the sending unit. I have burned alot of pump gas all over the country in real hi temps and real high altitudes and have never been let down.

Installing a return line from the filter/vapor separator back to the sending unit has worked for me to avoid heat soak. My friend, who is an expert, told me it was unnecessary. I did it anyway because I had heat soak problems with my 383 engine and I figured it would be worse as I was upgrading to a RB motor stroked out to 500. With this and a 1/2 carb spacer, my Edelbrock 800 cfm AVS(1813) has worked great right out of the box. I have been using Iowa 10 percent ethanol in really hot temperatures but the engine catches immediately. I used a $6 or $7 Wix filter as the vapor separator instead of the repro ones that apparently don't work too great. Installing the return line was easy -- if you are using the existing gas tank and related components, the most complicated requirement would be to install a sending unit that accepts the return line.