Quote:

Sure flow vise maybe but there are other benefits with ebrocks.
I have had ootb ebrocks and they have worked for me, needed no work.
I run rhs on my 408 now and im not very happy with them, they flow good but i needed to enlargEn the holes for one valvecover and for the headers and the intake fits like crap

I'm talking about Brian's heads, pull them out, slap them on and POWER produced compared to the OOTB ede's, not fit issues. What other suppliers heads do, not even a consideration, I was specific about the supplier. Not to mention component quality, springs, retainers, which gets lost in the shuffle in these deals.

If you have a pair of Brian's heads on your 408, swap those OOTB ede's on, then you'll be real disappointed in how it runs.

I did a bunch of clearancing on my ede's for pushrods. The crane roller rockers sure didn't fit with out clearancing either, so springs/retainers got swapped out. Just about every SB edelbrock air gap intake needs to be cut to fit stuff anymore. Fitting stuff up is just part of the game. Nothing is without warts. There are things about the rhs head that I'm not fond of too, none of my concerns about that are important when comparing to ede's.

Weight, 40 pounds... REALLY? This is the ONLY place the OOTB ede has an advantage for the OP's engine. How much HP does it take to overcome 40#? Like mentioned, I'll take the less expensive HP produced by the IMM RHS head over the 6-800 dollars in additional porting required on the ede's to get them in the same ball park. Most cars, especially street/strip cars, don't work well enough from a chassis standpoint to notice the weight difference. Maybe go on a diet to help out.

I've never had a problem bolting up headers to the RHS X heads, tti, hookers (comp and SC), dougs, hedmans. I've never had to clearance a valve cover for a bolt hole either.

This post by the OP has BUDGET written all over it. Figure your all in price on both, especially a 450-500 hp engine which doesn't require anything fancy. You could get there with a set of J heads too...

Pick your parts, pay your money!