Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I can answer this. They don't offer anything to hook up a water pump. They don't even give you specific instructions for the kit they sold you for $1,400+. I designed my own and they will be finished soon. Maybe this is whay they don't sell many of these kits.

I will have pics soon as I am putting everything together right now.

As far as I can tell, an electric water pump bolts directly to the Jesel belt drive.

Are you trying to use a belt driven water pump with a Jesel belt drive?

You are correct about being able to bolt a pump directly to the belt drive cover on a tall deck block. The problem is on a short deck block as the bolt just above the water inlet hole is not in the correct location to direct mount a pump. It is slightly lower so it fits into the block without breaking thru the deck surface. This is why everyone has to have adapters to put a pump on the short deck engines. Another issue occurs when the factory timing cover thickness is 2.50" and the Jesel cover is ~.82" and you need to make provisions for a motor plate that has frame tabs in the old location (factory timing cover). Most people going to a belt drive were probably not set up for one originally.
I was on vacation last week and have just now picked back up where I left off.
Lots of different configurations are possible and that doesn't help the problem and is probably a big reason that nobody makes these in any "standard" configuration as it won't be profitable.

Brian, we just machined away what we didn't need of the high dollar MP low deck timing cover for use with the Weber belt drive.

Mike Gray

Last edited by Plumb Wired; 06/21/12 10:43 PM.

RIP Monte Smith

aka: OutlawFish
'98 Bickel Dodge Dakota PST