I ran the 002/003 Super Stock springs on my Dart for years with decent success; I changed to the Caltrac mono-springs and Rancho shocks and the 60ft times were only moderately quicker but so much more consistent especially on marginal track surfaces or extreme track temperatures.

Here are some notes I have taken with the Caltracs:

CAL-TRAC SETTINGS
* Top hole – Hardest Hit (start here)
* Bottom hole – Softer Hit, moves IC forward
* More Pre-load, Softer Hit
* Less Pre-load, air gap, harder hit
* If car pulls to the right add a quarter turn of pre-load to the right bar and visa versa.
* Set front shocks soft
* Set rear shocks on #5, if car wants to porpoise go to 6 or 7 (harder).
* If car spins, needs harder hit
* The front end travel must be at least 5"
* Too much wheel stand…. Softer hit, restrict front travel

My '69 Dart weights 3033lbs with me in it, I run the bottom hole most of the time with 1 flat of preload on the driver side and 2 flats on the passenger side. I run the shocks on "3" most of the time as well. The Dart has a best of 1.500 60ft, 7.128 1/8th, and an 11.359 1/4. The car 60fts very good for the ET it runs. The rear of the Dart (or any RWD Mopar) will always raise during acceleration regardless of the hole selected due to the relation of the IC to the neutral line and the center of gravity of the car. I launch at 3000-3500RPM depending upon the track temperature and the tires are 26"x9" Hoosiers.

Getting the Caltracs to work is a combination of front suspension, rear suspension, tires, weight placement/tranfer, launch RPM, track preparation/temperature, transmission/drivetrain starting line ratio, engine tune and a bunch of other variables that can all impact the launch and the run.

2011 & 2012 Beaver Springs Dragway Outlaw Street Champion 2012 BSD Friday Street Racer Driver of the Year 3-time Jr. Stock Eliminator 2-time Mean Street Eliminator '69 340 Dart 1.500 60ft, 11.359et, 117.08mph