Quote:

Quote:

I'm running Caltracs in a 11.0 foot brake car. When setting up the Caltracs, they are preloaded against the spring about 1/4 turn. When foot braking, bringing the rpm up, "preloading" the chassis, doesn't that negate anything the Caltrac preload is doing? Don't the Caltracs get preloaded when it's footbraked with rpm's? I know what I'm trying to ask, I just hope the question acually makes sense.

The harder you are up against the convertor the more the preload on the chassis ( diff nose goes up, driving the Caltrac bars forward and the cross pin in to the spring ). I believe they recommend 2 flats of preload to start with - cross bar touching leaf + 2 flats on the bars. Thats what I have been running, but this Saturday I am going to try 0 preload on the bars ( or might even go a little loose ) to see what happens. I'm hoping to get the car to sit down in the back a little more for some improved weight transfer .

I'm going to try that Wednesday night. Back out the preload, and preload it by coming up on the converter a bit. I'm curious if that will help my 60 foot. My 60 is a best of 1.55, launching from an idle, and is a 1.59 when I get up on the converter. My mph is 123, so I think if I get my 60 down to where I think it should be, I should see high 10's consistently. Best yet is a 10.966 at 124mph with a 1.55 60.

Chris from New Jersey