Quote:

This is the picture I was reffering to:

Slow down there Greenie.
If you had READ THE POST you would know that I had experienced enough cooling problems that I kept the old butchered radiator around for mock up. That radiator had a flex fan go through it. Instead of throwing it out I used it to set up new fans off the car. It saw several different electric fans before I settled on the Mercedes unit.

Everything on the hot rod looked beat because It was a collection of used parts with the exception of the wheels, tires, and brakes. I'm sorry you don't approve of my Frankenstein ride. It was built with lots of input from Moparts members. The project began back in 2000.

Now, it may not have been pretty but everything worked. In fact, it made it to Green Bay, WI and back to DFW without missing a beat.

I have been through a lot of trial and error with that car in the last 13 years. It's been used as a test bed for all kinds of stuff.
When I find something that will help others, I'll share what I know so they will have an easier time putting their car together.
If you want something that works, I can tell you what I know. It's up to you to make it pretty.

Andrewh and I spent a LOT of time and effort getting that fan controller tuned up for Hooziewhatsit to sell. We never asked for anything in return for our efforts. It was done so that others may use a good working system.

It works.

When you can open the hood, lay a cooling fan on top of the engine, and it runs for more than an hour without getting hot You know it's a good fan.

Try that with your fan. Pull it off the radiator. Set it on top of the engine. See if the engine overheats.

We are brothers and sisters doing time on the planet for better or worse. I'll take the better, if you don't mind.
- Stu Harmon