Quote:

Quote:

i put my 440 inmt dart without the blowshield istalled with the milodon 7qt pan. the front right corner of the pan was a little tuff to get by the k-frame a notch would have helped. had to put the blowshield on after the engine was in place and that sucked

My Milodon pan is supposed to be delivered tomorrow.

Rhinodart also says it can't be done with a scattershield and deep pan. I may give it a quick try just to learn for myself the hard way

I am seriously considering dropping the K-frame... at this stage the car is a "roller" with no front shocks or brake lines, so I'd only have to pull the t-bars, tubular upper control arms, disconnect the steering U-joint, and then the four big bolts!

I'm using a motor plate anyway, so the engine can sit quietly on the frame rails while I put the headers in from underneath and then lift the K-frame straight up into place, without having to "steer" the engine around the Milodon pan.

I would much rather do this than try and put the scattershield back on with the engine in the car... indeed!

Any thoughts on this approach, or problems I haven't thought of yet?

thanks
Charles

Well, I can't say anything about the scatter shield, but mine went in with the deep pan. Now mind you it was tight, and the trans was on it. But the suggestion to raise the front, not sure, I have raised the rear of the car and it helped to get the angle better to let the deep pan go over the radiator support. I think if it was me, I would put the engine in, and support the front of it with the front plate and let the rear drop down and put the shield on. Although not sure about your headers. I think you are going to have so many things going on dropping the K member, etc. I would try this first before I did all that. Just my 2 cents. Maybe go to hooters and get a few women to help you.

Either way, let us know how you got it in, have to give a man credit for putting a RB in a A body anyway you go about it. Good luck.