Quote:

I have done the A body RB block change about 8-9 times . used a 400 base pan with center sump . i also cut off some of the lip on the k member and then mig welded it. I also bent back the lip on fire wall/floor pan to give transmission a bit more clearance. Always went with Hp manifolds as I hate headers. Make sure engine is set as low as possible because you could have some clearance issues with carb /breather / hood. may have to use shorter spacer on fan depending what rad you have. Good Luck .

Thanks for the hints. The last two times I did this swap, I did not have to cut or modify the k-member (or the pan either)... I wish I could remember which Moroso pan I used!

The stock pan even with a mild 383 would lose oil pressure on a vigorous launch, so I definitely want a 7-qt pan for the 451...

I have already hammered the lip in the tunnel flat, otherwise it wouldn't clear the scattershield

Planning on electric fan, and it's still going to be tight, but I have to get the beast under the hood first