Quote:

Quote:

No port volumes as of yet. Ahhhh a 6.4 deal would be very nice. I would love to work with the aluminum block too.
I'm so buried here at work who know's when I'll have time to get to the Hemi builds. I'm having some difficulty keeping up.

On a different note...I hope to be building a stroker 6.1 for my Duster by the end of the year so let's keep this going!!

Brian I think their is only 3 ways to make the Apache head work.
Force induction, spinning.it to the moon in small CID form or large cubes.
The second one I'm concern about possible oiling issues.
The last ,and this is my avenues, is using the 4.25 crank. Apparently BES had to sink the valve .070 to make this work.

I could be totally wrong in saying this so don't take it personal. I don't think you need any expertise to port this heads.
The port is a straight shot at the valve. No short turn to worry about.

IDK, a stock 392 works pretty well with them....granted they have variable valve timing....

I remember a long time ago, Dulcich did a stock stroke 440 using some big indy heads (can't remember if they were SR's or 440-1) that one would think would be waaaay too big for stock cubes, with a short, fast duration cam (IIRC comp XE275HL with either 1.6 or 1.7 rockers), and other than valtrain stability issues at high RPM caused by the hydraulic lifter, the engine was very responsive, and a monster both in HP and torque...

1976 Spinnaker White Plymouth Duster, /6 A833OD
1986 Silver/Twilight Blue Chrysler 5th Ave HotRod **SOLD!***
2011 Toxic Orange Dodge Charger R/T
2017 Grand Cherokee Overland
2014 Jeep Cherokee Latitude (holy crap, my daughter is driving)