Quote:

Yeah Mike, I can see how experimenting with that could pay off big time. Even if the result isn't anything earth shattering...like maybe the valve job holds up slightly longer/better seems it would be worth it.

For a guy working at home in the garage, seems like it would be simple to add holes here and there but maybe not so easy to measure improvement though?

Backyard approach I guess would be try it, run it for awhile and inspect the head gaskets....at one time I used to have a hookup for thermocouples, not anymore It does look to already be a proven mod on both RVs and race engines though.

Found some gaskets on the web that have the cooling hole, but I'm not sure I trust the pictures....they're usually wrong...but it's all I've got.

summit1

this one looks like it might match up to the Mopar performance block...but if it doesn't match the head, then?:
summit2

would the motorhome block have the cooling holes you guys are talking about, if they do and you need a pic I can do that.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.