Quote:

Jok Nicholson of DRO has it figured out. Maybe this is why there are so many empty seats..

http://dragracingonline.com/columns/deadon/xiv_4-1.html

I have been a drag racer ( Mopar only )from 1970 on and off until now. And NHRA not only sux but they are rude, stupid, and independent of spectators. They have always acted like they don't need you participation. And guess what they have accomplished their character traits. That is why the stands are empty. I took my wife to a NHRA event at Bristol, tn. about 4 years ago had to set in the top grandstand on the opposite side of the pit side stands because the stands were reserved for just the racers and crew , family etc. Those stands would hold easily 1500 people. But there were only maby 25 or so people in setting there. The security guy was almost enjoying his rude behavior. I decided I would probably see the grave before I paid the entry for one of the force teams. But I will go to every outlaw 10.5, nmca, Mopar event etc I can because, those races are for everyone. The racer and the spectator.