Quote:

Read the MCG article on this car today. Wouldnt you just know it, Rob Wolfe is acting like taking this car back to stock would be like burning the mona lisa. I dont know what that guys problem is, but nobody has ever seen this car before, it is not famous and Im sure most would agree, it is not attractive with those custom touches. It is an ultra rare FC7 v code 70 Coronet R/T, it DESERVES to be totally restored. The article reminded me of the article they had a few years back with the hideous superbird that was restored back to stock, bravo to the owner that put it back.

BTW, awesome car.

I couldn't believe that article. I must live in an entirely different world than the guys from MCG. Because when they start talking about values of this car in this customized state being more than it in the restored state they completely lost me. In my world this car is not worth no where near as much as it would be restored. Going on and on about how the owner would be making a mistake...blah blah blah...Unbelievable.

This coming from a member of the WS23V club though so take it with a grain of salt. I do know attending local events and major mopar shows, I've only seen one other V code RT (it's Lime Green)in person, auto or 4-speed. You are actually hard pressed to find ANY 70 RT! I know rarity doesent correlate to value in the mopar world, but if this car was restored to the options on the fender tag, I couldn't see a better optioned or more valuable Coronet RT unless it had a hemi between the fenders. In this customized state it is what it is...A customized car. No different than a rare car that was tubbed and raced and beat in my opinion. If like Dave said before, if it was done in good taste like some other member's cars here, I get it. But this car is in my opinion was not done in good taste. That is in no intention a bash on the owner, because I think his intentions are spot on. A restoration is a big commitment in time and money. Hopefully it can get done sooner than later, because I for one would love to see it at a show restored.

Scott

70 Coronet RT 440+6
64 Dodge 330 - Future Hemi Clone
17 Challenger Hellcat - Green Go Driver
86 Buick T-Type Turbo V-6