I would use the SPI Epoxy in whatever color you choose from the above link I posted.

As far as basecoat goes, almost every manufacturer has either a factory pack black or can mix it. I've used Sherwin Williams 7000 and it covers very well. I've also shot PPG DBC and it works good too. I would suppose it is dependant on what's close to you or what can be ordered. I see you are in California so you may have some limited options. For most projects, I use the lower line of S-W base which is called 4th Dimension. Works great and is a good value.

Clear is an extremely subjective item, and you will get 1000 different repiles from 1000 different people. I ended up using a ceramic nano-clear on my Dakota and while it looks great, it was an absolute pain to wet sand and buff because of the hardness. I have also used budget brands with decent success, but that also was for a work truck and not a show car. The next 2 products I plan on using is the Matrix 2:1 Euroclear and possibly the latest House of Kolor Show Clear.

Matt
69 Dart Swinger 340
83 W350, Megasquirted with 46RH
Old news: 72 Demon street/race mobile
Latest: 70 Duster backhalf car
and even more