Last night I was testing some secondary jetting which allowed the car to get nice and warm. It was 85 degrees outside and my engine was up to temp (I use a 195 degree thermostat) and my tranny temp was right around the 190-200 mark after allot of spirited driving and a hand full of cruise to WOT runs. When I got the car home, I thought that this would be a good opportunity to take some temperature readings on the intake and the carb fuel bowls while the car was going thru the heat soak process. I took the temperature readings at the same two places from the time that I got out of the car until about 20 minutes later. All eight readings were taken in the same location which was about one inch down from the carb mounting flange on the intake and the other was on the rear fuel bowl (hotter of the two bowls). The first number is the intake temp and the second number is the rear bowl:
215/122, 213/118, 206/118, 206/117, 200/125, 194/122, 188/119, 177/118
The highest temperature of the intake was 215 degrees and highest temperature of the fuel bowl was 125 which was during heat soak. The temperature difference between the intake and the bowl was 95-59 degrees difference. The only material between the intake and the mounting surface of the carb is the Cool Carb spacers (2) and the Cool Carb heat shield.

I know that some of you are having problems with the melting of the material, but I am not. I have shown that my intake temperature is 85 degrees below the material specification from Cool Carb which is 300 degrees. The temperature numbers alone show that the material works to keep the heat from going up to the bowls. I understand the concern about these parts melting on your intakes but I am going to continue to run mine. Since I just checked mine two nights ago and I show no signs of melting, I will continue to run mine but I will also be aware of what can happen and I will keep an eye on the spacers. The material is great as a heat insulator! But the problem is that we don't know how hot these other motors are getting to create the melting issue. If those of you that have melted one of these spacers can show that your intake temperatures are below 220 degrees or so, then I would be worried about running these spacers in the future. But I have given an example of the temperatures that my spacers are sitting upon and I am not seeing the melting issue.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)