I called and talked to the guy at Cool Carb today. He has a thicker heat shield that is not shown on his websight. I bought it plus a spacer to go under my QF carb. I will show pictures once I have it installed.
He had a cool history behind the material that he uses. In a short version, he is a machinist and a buddy needed him to make him a heat sheild and he did not have any aluminum sitting around so he used some of the material that his company created for heat sink material. He machined one out of this material (aluminum/heat sink/aluminum) and it worked to keep the heat off of the carb for his buddy's race car. So he started making the sheilds and spacers for other racing buddies then then after he retired, he started making spacers for all kinds of carbs and now he sells them on his websight. He was very nice and explained to me about the above and about the parts that were not on his site.
I will give an update and pictures next week after they are installed. This picture shows the set that I bought but this one shows the thinner shield. The thicker ones are bronze colored. My goal is to just keep this crapty gas cooler for my street car.

1970 YO7 A66 [Canadian Export] F8 Challenger
340 (Currently in shop for stroker assy.)