Quote:

Quote:

For a 383 stroker using 440 parts, can I use the same pistons or do I need stroker pistons with shorter skirts? Im just wondering the cost to build a budget stroker with parts I may already have vs a stock 383 build. Unlike other motors I have built before, I would finally like to succeed in a budget build for once and not go broke. My goal is to get the Charger running this year. It has sat for the last decade since I got it. Time to finally do something with it. Once done I can figure out what to do about the body.

You are correct that you'll need shorter skirt pistons. And since you're talking about a 383/432 type stroker, you'll be looking to forged pistons from Ross or Diamond which will make for not a budget build.

what he said , the 383 is the red headed stepchild of big block mopars .

I tried for 3 years to sell a set of diamond .030 pistons for a 383 based stroker , at a loss as I usually do some people wanted me to give them the pistons for free and pay the shipping ... moparts is full of the cheapest [censored] in the universe ... someone finally realized what a smoking deal they were and bought them a month or so ago.

Diamond makes a piston that will work with the stock 383 rods, you can use a 440 crank and have the mains and counterweights cut to fit the 383 block, you'll have to buy $$ pistons.

Another deal was the 383 that was being sold in the parts section, the pistons and the rods in the ad cost me originally a lot more than what I sold them to him , I bought them back because I realized what a good deal they were. Speed pro pistons weight matched, refurbed stock rods with wavelock bolts and a set of plasma moly ductile rings . Dan at Performance Only did the rods , they were a work of art on a set of rods I picked thru 3 or 4 sets to get the best ones.