So, I bet if he has to ask the question the pistons are at least 0.020" down in the hole...
To the Original Poster, with the piston at top dead center (TDC) how far down in the hole is the piston? Give the answer in inches or mm, I'm OK with either.
If it is more than 1/2mm or 0.020" you're OK with the steel shim head gasket assuming block and heads are flat. It is not recommended by the manufacturers, but quite a few people on this board have used them with aluminum heads and they work. Cheaper and easier than milling heads.

Even if you decide to mill the heads, milling them 0.030" or 0.75mm should allow you to use the heads and intake without milling the intake faces. There is that much difference between the thickest and thinnest head gaskets in normal use.

In my opinion I wouldn't do machine work to increase the compression ratio by 0.2. Your 9.3:1 is equal to or more than what any factory 440 actually had when it rolled off the production line.

I would do machine work to get the piston to within 1mm or 0.040" of the head when assembled to get better squish.

R.