Quote:

Well, it sounds like I am the only one that has tried all 3 setups. 3 or 4 years ago, I made up a x, a h, and straight pipes and put them on my lift off Super-bee with full duel exhaust and factory manifolds. Its a street car in the high 11s. I made up all 3 setups with 3 bolt header flanges, so I could drop one setup and install the other in less than 10 minutes. The idea was that lots of people try one setup at the track and the next week they try another setup and the weather and track conditions were all different, so they arent comparing apples to apples. I took the car to Englishtown track and ran it with all 3 setups. I make 3 runs with each setup and changed each setup all within a hour and the results were that there was NO difference. All 9 runs were within a tenth of each other and other than a slight difference in sound, on a good street car, it just a matter of what you like best. In the end, I left the H on only because the engineers thought it was the best for their car. Jim

I could have swore I read about a F.A.S.T. racer doing this too, a few years back. If I recall correctly he had the same results as you did.