I get the idea that Don was saying it's apples to oranges with HYD to SOLID... I've struggled with this too... Since it's a theoretical, on EXACTLY when things happen on a cam anyway. Toooooo many variables. People took the .528 vs .509 as literal when it is only an example... .528 MP vs .509 MP is 112 LSA vs 108 LSA...Now that's apples to walnuts ..Not to put any words in Knowsnothings's mouth but what he was getting at is all things being EQUAL, LSA, Installed ICL, ect...

FWIW there are some tremendous HYD cams on the market and should be not dismissed so easily by those who have not run one yet.

Cost is a factor as I understand on this build You're going to need adjust-ability somewhere...If you go solid, were is that ADJ going to be? quality rockers are not cheap, I have $500 in my Comp mags on my 383...and cheap rockers are not quality, ask those that have run CATS ... Adj push rods are a special order, again not cheap soooo....

Current cars: 2000 Dak Quad Cab, 2012 Challenger,1970 Road Runner, 1994 Firehawk

1966 Coronet post sedan, 1988 Corvette, 2005 Magnum RT all SOLD

R70RUNNER<---VP Inland Empire Chapter of the MPM