Quote:

The caster is low for some reason... springs settled a bit? The pinion angle may be off as well and the shims may even help.

If the springs are reasonable, I'd go ahead and shim it to specs. It will take a fair amount of shim but I'd go ahead and do it. If you do have vibration you can always back off on the shims... but I'd be surprised if you do. For the shims, aluminum is frequently used... but not recommended as it can break down with the high loading it gets. Steel is better.

Also, for stability, you might ask that toe be set with more toe in... within specs but more than what you have. Toe in compensates for the drag of the tires stretching the tie rods and other stuff... with bigger tires, more drag so more toe in. More toe in usually increases stability.

The springs do ride pretty much flat, but I'm not sure how they're supposed to ride either This front (disc brake) axle I swapped in last summer and I just bolted it up to the springs. This is also my plow truck, and the plow is heavy enough it drops the front end by an inch or so when it's up.

Toe I can adjust myself. Any recommendations? 1/8"ish?

ebay shims

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.