I love lightweight cars, but just like anything else, it takes planning and forethought to get there. It's amazing how quick you can add the weight back with your choice of components.
Ditch the stockblock in favor of an aftermarket cast iron block, ditch the stock case powerglide in favor of a J&W setup, toss the sirroco radiator in favor of a 2 row aluminum job, add an alternator, or an extra battery...you've just improved the car dramatically, and added 200 lbs!!

Talk about impressed, Seriously, I'm impressed by old school craftsmen like Mr. P-body, who do nearly all of it themselves. Sure, thier cars may lack the fit and finish of a Pro job in certain areas, but The fact a guy can stand there and say, "I did this entire car" has always got my attention.

Another thing, is guys going fast in short, narrow, light cars, those Arrows, Omni chargers, Colts, Shadows, etc... I just shake my head, I love my Challenger's 110 wheelbase and wide stance, always feel comfortable even when I get out of the groove, but those things look twitchy and unforgiving!!

"Livin' in a powder keg and givin' off sparks" 4 Street cars, 5 Race engines