Josh, for me its 1st, reputation, and 2nd timeline, last of all is the location.

I have a great machins here who does my little stuff, im talking stuff that really dosnt matter performance wise, then I have a guy, Kecks machine who does my local small block performance stuff, he did the bottom end on the 408 in the demon, then for the really good stuff I want to be perfect I send my stuff to Dan at performance only. You know he is good as I dont believe there has EVER been a bad thing spken about him on here.

As for Kech, he is great just really time consuming. Its great when done, just "when its done". I just had some heads surfaced, and had a block bored at the local guys shop, Not a performance job by any means, rougher bore than Id like, and the heads were milled a little rough. But they work for minor stuff. Gonna run fine, just not perfect.

I assemble everything myself with the exception of the bottom end on my 408, I didnt have a rod bolt stretch gauge, so didnt want to risk it.

Its completely up to you and I know you probly have a shop in mind for anything you ever do, everyone does.

Kasey

Last edited by moparnut426; 12/12/11 03:51 PM.