Thank you for all the advice. I understand what you're saying, Quicksilver. It's a much longer story than I can put up here, but I will say that I've been watching the progress and that first picture isn't indicative. I don't know what they did there in that picture, but after that was taken, they stripped that whole section down. They cut off all the rust in the quarters and fabbed up new ones, but the body lines were wrong, so I brought in new ones and they welded them in. Same with every other area of rust, which thankfully wasn't too extensive, just the quarters, driver's floor pan, and a few small spots on the rocker and firewall.

The nice thing is this is fixed price...I don't know why the guy would do it, maybe he was hurting for work at the time, but we agreed to a price and that's what it's getting done for. (There's a contract AND I have a good lawyer already) Fixed price probably explains why it's taken so long, but at this point, I don't care, I'm just looking forward to the car back. Here's a couple more pics.

5620413-01.jpg (65 downloads)