Quote:

Price is agreed upon, so there's no clock riding going on.

BINGO Problem right there in my book. I run a body shop and that is the one thing I do not like to do on an old car/resto is give an agreed price. I either need to be way high to cover our butts for unforseen things or give the extra work away. Doing that I look like the A**hole that is out for blood money. I would say that they are getting into deep on the work and MAY be not wanting to give money away. The 68 dart I have in the shop we talked with the owner when we started and it was thought that the car was just your basic repaint/fix a few dents job. The car was done by someone else maybe 10 years ago and looked good just the paint was loosing its shine. Plus he tubed it out and wanted to change color. Long story short we put some tape on the paint when we where working on doing some other work. The paint came off on the tape. After doing some more looking we ended up taking all the paint off with the razor blade. Thank god we weren't set in stone on a price. Good luck with your car but I would have a heart to heart talk with them and see if they feel that the work is looking to equal the price or if things are on the red end or getting there. You don't want a bigger bill at the end when you don't see it coming.

Contact Me about AMD Prices