Quote:

About Gene Gregory....5 years ago...I purchased a set of rubber bumpers from him and they were great! 3 years ago I purchased louvers for my challenger from him. This is where my story starts.
I bought them for the Vegas Show. I sent him my money and waited and waited. I ran a check on the tracking and they were delivered..believe it or not to his address. He mistakenly put his own address for the delivery and my address for the return. Well now a couple of weeks now were shot and he was resending them back to me. Well I finally recieved them the week of Vegas and installed them in a rush ..and thought they looked a bit different......At the vegas show..one of the judges pointed out that they were cuda louvers. Good grief!!!!!!!!!!
I called him immediately and he said that he marked the louvers incorrectly and as soon as I got back home..to send them back and he would send me out challenger louvers. Now I have paid for shipping twice.
Once I recieved the challenger louvers I noticed that the holes in my roof and pins are in different locations ...good grief again! Cuda and challenger louvers will not interchange. So I drilled new holes and had to cover up the old holes.Great just what I wanted..holes in my roof and trunk panel. Onward....before I finished putting on the louvers I noticed 3 welds that had come undone holding the slats in place..I called him again....
To set this story straight-----Gene told me I could keep them and sell them or do whatever I wanted and regardless he would send me out another set......Which he did. I appreciated the offer but sent them back to him feeling guilty..I guess. At that point...I went to install the louvers again and realized that he only sent me out one pin. I called him again and he sent me out a pair (one extra) I want to state that during all this and after....Gene was apologetic and wanting to do the right thing. I had the feeling that gene has medical and memory issues...he couldn't remember who I was at times and I had to remind him even the following day after talking to him. I would not question his integrity or honesty. At that time apparently he was going in the hospital weekly and his daughter was taking care of him.---------I guess I felt and still feel sorry for him .I haven't talked to him since then. Hope all's well.

Your correct in your assumption Gene has had many health issues over the last few years and more so over the last year. Gene, at times has been absent minded I can atest for that,I have dealings with Gene and I some times wonder why didn't he remember the conversation we had a few days ago and it's not like he doesn't know me. Well guys I do believe he has slowly been deleveloping the dreaded alzhiemers, don't QUOTE ME on this it's just a thought. Gene is still a very talented metal craftsmans and fabricator, and I have thought many times over the last 2 years you better buy a few things from Gene and put them away because very soon that parts supply line and talent will be gone forever.

logan426