This post is timely.

So I’m thinking about an ignition upgrade on the Road Runner. Currently running a stock type electronic ignition set-up with a recurved distributor. It’s probably overmatched against my fat cammed small block stroker. I was just going to put a better box on there but I think a multi-spark is in order to improve its manners around town lugging around in traffic and keep the plugs cleaner.

The car is 99% street, and while I haven’t put it on the track yet, I’ll do some fun runs when the opportunity presents.

I’m debating between the value priced street oriented Street Fire, or the tried and true, but significantly more expensive and more race oriented 6AL.

One thing I really like about the Street Fire is the compact size. It’s barely bigger than the stock box. There is also a new 6AL-2 which is about the same size, but with a two step limiter and a significantly higher price tag.

Lots of feedback out there on 6ALs, so I’m most interested in hearing from folks running a Street Fire, and what its limits are.

-Jim

I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman.
He's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it.

Currently Mopar-less