Quote:

Quote:

I think the problem is the design of the PTC ring gear mount, the previous advice was based on the use of a factory converter.

Removing material in that area on a lathe shouldn't affect the balance.

, Now my PTC 11" didn't have any issues, I'd call Kenny & see whats up, explain the problem, If anything i would just put it on a lathe & trim it down, It shouldn't hurt the balance, your not triming much weight off, plus its a total circle, should not affect anything, If it is the ring placement then you might have starter problems too.

Are you shure the weights aren't bottoming out? If you look i see that it not landing flush on the bace above the ring gear, Can you take a few close-up shots?

I am pretty sure (98%) that the weights are not hitting. I spent a few minutes checking that out. There is a shoulder on the converter that the plate is resting on. I'm confident that cutting the flexplate down would work just fine but around here it's going to cost $60 or more to do that.

From memory, when I've installed other autos the converter and flexplate were ~3/16" apart when I prepare to bolt them together. I was hoping that the .030" shims wouldn't hurt but I would hate to cause a problem.

I'll get some additional close ups tomorrow.