Quote:

Quote:

Well it was stated above that there are mopar drag racers than circle track this is true. As I stated above - anybody can drive a straight line with about anything you own and be competitive.
It does cost more and take a lot more talent to own and drive a dirt tracker and be competitive.

These statements alone are enough to show how little you know or think of drag racers. Using your logic, how much skill would it take to go around 30 or so laps bumping into walls/other cars, and get lucky enough to get to the front? I helped out on several circle track dirt cars, none of which were high dollar or had talented drivers, but were still very competitive.

Cost more to circle track race????? On ANY given weekend I see drag race setups worth MUCH more than most circle track racers would think of spending on their cars, just to try and be competitive.

More talent to circle track race???? WOW - sounds like some of the demo derby runner-up drivers I have talked to. Drag racers get just one chance to get EVERYTHING right, not 30+ second chances. All forms of racing take special talents.

I generally love this forum for ALL of the racing type inputs, but yours is uninformed and of little or NO contribution to any race forum.

Personally, with that attitude, if you found another forum to express your views, I would be thankful.

Scott

You can go entry level drag racing with a lot less investment than you can entry level dirt tracking. I guess to make you happy that is where I was coming from. You can build into it what you want to & and spend what you want to or take any street car and be competitive in a drag race. Not so with a dirt tracker. You get your drag car built you can leave it sit between races other than a little general maintenance. With your dirt trackers you had better be ready to spend some time fixing between shows.
Been in this game since the early 60's. so don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about. If you are consistent with good reaction times and the car is consistent.
You are right it does take talent to drive a drag car and be a consistent winner but on a given day anybody that likes the hurry up and wait game can run what you brung can play at the drag strip. Bracket racing was developed for just that reason. So anybody can play at any 'income' level vehicle level, or competition level.
Been around this stuff since you could get by welding in some drives shafts for a cage and get by with it, use baling wire and tarp straps to hold things together.
And before bracket racing..
Can see you haven't been much around the dirt track or dirt track cars and or worked on them day after day.
To each there own.