Quote:

He probably needs to decide what are the most important things he wants out of the conversion.

The most important thing is to keep it simple! Not only for ease of install, but ease of troubleshooting and maintenance down the road. Hence wanting to stick with the 46RH so my 1995 Jeep computer and harness work as-is without hacking or modification.

Thanks for all the replies! Lots of good tech info here! It looks like I will need a good rebuilt A518, I will also contact a custom trans shop to get the right TC and rear gear ratio for my needs, external fuel pump, and I am going to try to use B-Body LA full length headers to hook to my already installed dual exhaust.

As for wiring, I still have the entire Jeep engine/trans harness with battery post and under hood fusebox. The nice thing about the Jeep harness is that the fuel pump fuse and relay is in the under hood fusebox. All engine (and starter) fuses and relays are located there along with a heavy lug that I can attach an 8 or 10-gauge feed wire to feed the internal stock B-body fuse block. Only catch is I need to move the battery to the passenger side to fit the harness, but not a prob since I plan to weld in the Jeep PCM, A/C dryer and fuse box mounts to the Charger inner fenders anyway.

The plan this weekend is to get the car in the garage and up on jack stands so I can start crawling underneath to assess the crossmember situation and start taking measurements. I'll keep this thread updated as the project evolves with pics and what I find out!