Quote:

Quote:

Checking for power at the asd relay is just the easiest way to see if there is a wiring problem.

I didn't check for power to the ASD relay, but I did swap it with the wiper relay and the wipers still worked, so I know the relay itself is good.

Quote:

I'm assuming that the check engine light does not light up when the key is turned on.

Correct.

Quote:

The problem happens at a splice that goes many different directions.

I think we found the slice you're talking about, directly below the battery box, black with yellow stripe wires if I remember right.

Quote:

But you might be right about the surge.Try tapping on the pcm,Might jar something and make it work,then you will know for sure,also open it up and take a smell,if it fried,you will smell it.

It's worth a try.

Quote:

Small market for finding chrysler pcm's specialy at a reasonable $$.try google,I bought one from a place in florida once,I could not get locally.There are other rebuilders out there beside auto chain stores.Gonna take some work finding them.usually buy local for that stuff if possible,rebuilt units can have problems,easier to get exchanged that way.From what I understand,pcm's get repaired of there problem and resold,they do not get completely gone through.I have had a few fail within warranty period.

I found a place called autocomputerexchange.net I was going to order a computer from but found some negative comments on the web about them, thus this thread. I did find a couple of used ones at local junkyards but I'm concerned about programming. Do I need to have the VIN programmed? Will I still need to have the computer flashed at the dealer? Or due I just buy a tuner and do it myself?

Oh, one more thing. When I hook up the OBD II reader and ask it to scan the chime goes off. Other than that with the reader hooked up, the key on and the door open there is no chime.

Absolutely stay away from autocomputerexchange!!!! They took me for approximately 200 bucks I don't have enough room for the whole mess, but they outright lied to get my business and the end result was I had to order a rebuilt unit from Dodge only to have to eat the core price as these jokers cut a 2" hole in my old unit plus truck was down for almost a month waiting. BEWARE!

Last edited by indytex96; 11/03/11 01:39 PM.