Quote:

Is it safe to run a bronze distributor drive with a HV pump? This will be a full groove main, roller cam setup. Thanks

You could use 1/2 groove mains. I had the Mopar Performance Bronze drive in my old 451 Stroker with a HV pump and Ultradyne solid roller cam for over 10,000 miles and it looked fine when I pulled the engine apart.
Never had a problem with the HV pumps. The main think I have noticed is the HV pump makes alot more pressure at idle and low RPM compared to a stock pump.
If a stock pump and HV pump had the same maximum pressure at high RPM they should be flowing the same amount of oil through the engine, so "sucking the pan dry" is about as likely as with a stock pump.
The HV pump does take a bit more power to spin, but it's not a issue unless doing some dyno shootout stuff.
The HV pump is deeper so you would need longer oil pump bolts.

The oil pump shaft should fit both style pumps the same. Make sure the oil pump shaft tip is not broken off and the bushing is seated all the way down.

One last note: Make sure to have the "O" ring on the pump body where it fits inside the block because that is on the suction side of the pump gasket.