Quote:

Quote:

boost is boost doesn't matter how it's made.

If I may, you are showing an appalling lack of knowledge regarding turbochargers. Not all boost is created equal, I'm sure several members of the board would be more than happy to point that out.

Superchargers are directly run of the crankshaft, turbochargers are run off exhaust flow. I can hold the throttle at one point and go up a hill and the car would be very happy to go from vacuum to boost just due to the increased load on the engine.

Turbos are NOT superchargers aside from the fact they make positive pressure.

I have owned over a dozen turbocharged vehicles and have worked on thousands of customers cars. Turbo and supercharged.

A s/c will also go into boost up a hill or if you need to mash it to pass. Are turbos not regualted by engine vacuum? They do not always make boost at all rpms. You are right I'm pretty much a novice at this but I'll stand by what I said a 440 turbo'd car is not going to create any boost at highway speeds under zero load...it will not have any effect on the mpg of the vehicle in question. If anything it will make his milage worse because when the boost starts it WILL dump more gas, or it better. And once you go boost it's hard to keep your foot off the go pedal.