Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

IFR .042

Jones just wonder if I should be albe to ajust the Idle mixer screws at 1200 rpms ? I thought I should ? and if the jetting and air bleeds was close ?

The throttle plate is open to far so it's past the idle circuit. Are there any holes in the throttle plates? If not try opening the secondary plates and closing the primary some. If that doesn't work you may need to drill holes in the primary plates or if it has holes they may need to be larger. This is so you can get the air flow needed but still keep the plates closed enough to use the idle circuit.

This what I thought. But I am not not a great carb guy so I thought maybe I needed to change the IAB or something like that. drilling the holes is a old school trick I have done to older carbs that did't not have adjustable air bleeds.

You can make the circuit richer or leaner with the bleed but if the throttle is open past the transfer slots it won't make a difference.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.