Quote:

Jeff,have you ever seen a T/A-AAR with a center bowl without the bowl vent tube?Of all the small block 6pk carbs I have seen/done,I have yet to see one.

Yes I have and that is why I try and explain to people who contact me and ask which is correct. Without any type of paper trial or a solid explanation as to why things were done the way they were you cant say this particular item is set in stone. Too many variances.. I.E. different people assembling the engines, different guys handling the cars at the dealership, etc. etc. Maybe the guys on first shift thought the hose coming off the center bowl vent looked cooler just exiting to the side 3 or 4 iunches rather than connecting it to the crankcase breather. while the guys on 2nd shift did it their way. This could possibly be like the chin spoilers. it all depended on who was putting them on. Even though there was a certain way the chin spoilers were supposed to be mounted the guys prepping the cars put them on the way they thought they looked the best. Same could possibly be for this. but we may never know for sure until we find some solid proof.

Home of the AAR Registry
www.transamcuda.com